Loon Lodge Ice Bungalows

Parnelly

Hi all, we have a 4 man ice bungalow booked through loon lodge next weekend. We arrive friday and leave monday. A buddy was up already and said the bungalows were on 80 fow, and there is a fishing shack within walking distance of the bungalow. Does anyone have any tips for ice fishing Temagami? Been 20 years or so since I last fished on the ice up there. While not overly interested in Ling, we may try for them at night if fishing is slow. Were more interested in Pickeral and Trout. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I fished one of their ice shacks back in about 1983 or maybe 1984. We did OK for whitefish and lake trout, if memory serves me. I also fished up by Rabbit Nose Island in that same time frame - and all we caught there were ling. I do not believe you will see any walleye (pickerel) in 80 FOW.

There were walleye further south from there, alongside the eastern shore. But I suggest you ask the lodge operators about their fishing and they will probably be pretty truthful.

Good luck to you! That is a pretty part of the country!

Doug

My experience on Temagami was back in the day when Temagami Lodge use to run huts. Our hut would be in deep water @80 feet but we would drill holes outside up to about 25 ft of water. Temagami was good and our biggest fish came from there but the action was always better on Cross or Kokoko

Edited by Musky or Specks

Go to Temagami every year for awhile now, stayed at Loon lodge in the cottage a few years ago, john was and excellent host. He would take us to spots at dusk to fish for pickeral. When it gets dark the ling come out, easy to catch, and lots of them on a spreader.