Bow switch for Power Trim Not Working (NF)

tizfun

Hey everyone, I'm almost there.. Here's a new one... I just noticed that the power trim switch at the bow isn't trimming the motor.. It worked when I bought the boat last week.. Any body have any ideas where to look ?? Switch toggles like it operational but nothing.. Wiring runs from the bow, under the floor to the transom.. Then from there I'm lost...

Big Cliff & Miskieman, where are you ???? lol

Anyone have any ideas as this is the only thing left on the boat for me to do..

Thanks,

Tiz

Where would you find the fuses for this ?? There's nothing on the dash panel and the trim works from the shifter and the motor itself...

Irishfield, This was the first place I looked since it may have happened to me again...

Tiz

Does the trim work from the helm or on the side of the motor (if equipped)?

If the helm switch works, it's likely a bad bow switch or loose connection between the helm and bow. The bow switch isn't likely to be fused independent of the others.

I have breakers under my console from factory... if you can't find fuses keep an eye out for breakers with a reset button.

-Brian

Remove the switch and omh the switch from pole to pole in the on position you will get a reading close to no resistance. Then test on the DC setting from the wires you unplugged from the wire to the ground one should read 12 volts one should not read anything. If the 12 volts are present and the other wire does not read then short the two wires together and the pump should run if it does replace switch.

Art

What a bone head I am.. Tested all the wiring from the front of the boat to the rear.. No power.. Followed the power wire (purple) which lead to the battery.. Tested it and still no power.. Took the fuse holder apart and replaced the fuse..Nothing again... As I was putting the fuse in, I noticed that one of the wires was very limp and upon further inspection, the wire was broken and was only holding onto the fuse holder by the plastic around the wire.. Replaced it with a new fuse holder and BAM !!!!!!!! It worked...

Tiz

I'm ready for the water......