Drive-In Fishing Lodge Advice Please :)

James77

Hey Guys,
My buddies and I are looking at doing A drive in fishing trip this summer. We attended the sportsmen show and then the fishing and boat show today. We are fairly impressed with two lodges:
-White Pine Lodge on the Montreal river system.
-Thunderstock Outfitters on Kenogaming.

I was wondering if you had any experience with either of these outfitters and if not, possibly if you could recommend anything that might fit our needs:

We are looking for trophy pike or musky as well as some walleye action. Would like to keep it under $600 for the week and would like to potentially bring a boat. Driving under 12 hours from Toronto.

Thanks,
James

Here is a link for the Mashkinonje Lodge on the west arm of Nippissing

here is a link to the thread http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77444&do=findComment&comment=892548

I haven't had a chance to check out the site myself but in the thread it mentions that ofc members get a 5% discount.

Less than $600 might be tough if you are thinking American Plan. However, Camp Wanikewin on the Pickerel River is very reasonable for AP, and I think they will accommodate housekeeping as well. About 5 hours from Toronto, and you'd have a shot at a trophy muskie. Also, Irwin Lodge on Wolsey Bay of the French River has housekeeping as well.

Hi James77,

I booked the week of Aug.15, 2015 with Thunderstock Lodge, My son wanted to bear hunt and this will be my 11 year old grandsons first Ontario fishing trip. White Pine Lodge was also a top choice but they weren't able to accommodate a bear hunt that week. Between phone calls and emails to Thunderstock I am satisfied we will be well taken care of, I don't know much about Kenogaming lake and the fishing potential, any comments would be welcomed.

Good luck on your search,

Seanik (Jerry in Erie Pa)