Cheap underwater camera

Freshtrax

I would like to get some downrigger footage this year but I am nervous putting a 300 dollar camera on the end of a downrigger cable. Anyone seen anything else out there on the market other than go pro? I guess I could shop used. I don't need the real time like an strikecam. I just want to be able to view it when I get home.

I got a Muvi brand camera from AirMiles points. It is the same concept as GoPro just a different brand. I have not tried mounting on a down rigger; but the case is rated for 60 metres or so; so it could be done.

I am not sure what the cost would be to buy one. I have also seen some cheaper ones from Canadian Tire; I am not sure out depth ratings for them.

You can check these out. I picked G up a lower end, 720 resolution model for xmas. Came with the waterproof housing, a couple mounts and the usual connections. used a groupon deal to get it for $50.00 It works great for his purposes, although the battery life is limited, and it only has an internal battery. I wouldn't go with the model I got G, but the 1080 resolution model looks workable. If you can get a spare battery with it, and the remote, might be worthwhile.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PSCHD90BK-Hi-Res-Action-Camera/dp/B00I33XD96