a new line counter reel and lead core line

davey buoy

Just purchased this set up from a great member here. I know it will work great for my summer trolling with a dipsey diver as we like that quite a lot. Having a line counter is great as well for jigging Lakers and Whities as my boat fish finder sees our lines.Knowing how far you are going down, as far as I can see is a big bonus.Fish show 60',let out 60'easy right?.My question is can lead core be used as a jigging line as well?. I'm thinking not? Not knowing anything about the line really other than it falls faster and color coded for depth increments.Thanks for any help guys,really appreciated.

Edited by davey buoy

At 2 mph, 10 colours will get you down roughly 50 foot, current and other factors such as choice of lure dependent. The faster you go, the less the sink rate. You can get weights like the tadpole to get additional depth. If you keep your eyes open for a Precision Trolling book it will give you a good working guide for pretty well any type of set up. Never heard of anyone jigging with it, although I can tell ya the drop on an a big turn when it is the inside line makes it irresistible to bows.

At 2 mph, 10 colours will get you down roughly 50 foot, current and other factors such as choice of lure dependent. The faster you go, the less the sink rate. You can get weights like the tadpole to get additional depth. If you keep your eyes open for a Precision Trolling book it will give you a good working guide for pretty well any type of set up. Never heard of anyone jigging with it, although I can tell ya the drop on an a big turn when it is the inside line makes it irresistible to bows.

Thanks Rick,appreciate it.