Normark is hiring

misfish

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1025787453&siteLocale=en_CA

ABOUT NORMARK
Normark Inc. is a dynamic market leader in the Fishing Tackle business in Canada. The company engages in the design, manufacture and marketing of a number of premier fishing brands including Rapala, Blue Fox and Storm. Based in Oshawa Ontario Normark operates as a subsidiary of Rapala VMC Corp, a worldwide leader in fishing tackle.

JOB DESCRIPTION
-Ensure the efficient and timely movement of goods from our factories and vendors.
-Work with the Supply Chain Department to reduce cycle times and improve inventory turns
-Conduct daily communication with international factories and vendors around the world
-Review purchase order status and shipping reports daily
-Review and update order confirmations received from the vendors on a regular basis
-Assist Operations Department with special projects
-Assist with data entry when required
-Assist in maintaining adequate departmental coverage to ensure departmental standards are met

DESIRED SKILLS
-1 to 3 years’ experience in a purchasing environment
-Ability to negotiate and improve delivery schedules with overseas vendors
-Commitment to providing a high level of assistance to in-house customer service team
-Ability to organize, control and coordinate a variety of activities in a fast paced, team oriented
environment
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Strong analytical abilities
-Mathematical aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
-Adaptable and flexible to take on new responsibilities as assigned by the Planner and VP of Operations
-Ability to work independently and demonstrate superior problem solving skills
-Detail oriented and able to multi task in a fast paced environment
-Physical capacity to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Required to talk or hear, stand and walk, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
-Member of SCMA Ontario is a definite asset

EDUCATION
-Post-secondary education preferably with focus within the Supply Chain Field

COMPENSATION
-Competitive salary
-Comprehensive benefits package
-Professional development reimbursement available
-Staff discounts

Interested, qualified candidates should submit their resume through Kijiji. No phone calls or agencies please. We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for interview will be contacted.

Right on the same street I work on. Went in there ONCE several years ago because I was told they sharpened ice auger blades. My blades where sharper when I took them in then when I got them back. When I took them back a guy came out from the warehouse..supposedly the guy who sharpened them. Although we did not appear to be more then a few years apart in age he kept calling me sonny????? Creepy looking dude missing a few teeth. While we where talking I had an overpowering urge to start playing a Banjo. Never set foot in the place again.