Continental shift?

Personal days? , N days, what are those?. We are allowed to take one week of our vacation as singles so a monday, Tuesday gives us a week.. the only problem with that is our vacation weeks start on Sunday and finish Saturday.. nothing like having to work the Saturday before you go away or the Sunday after you come back..it all depends how it falls into your schedule.. the 2 weeks around Christmas and new years come with the threat of an extra suspension if you don't have an approved doctors note.. not any old note will do..

We are allowed a certain amount of personal days.

As for N days.... We have 4shifts A/D follow each other and B/C follow each other .... Should a stat fall on a B/C rotation we as A/D get a day off in lieu of their day off....and visa versa...

Hope this makes sense....

G

Sounds like garbage really. Flip-flopping days and nights on a weekly basis is not overly healthy, especially with quick turnarounds after your three nights on.

A great full-time shiftwork sched is, 2 days, 2 nights, 5 off, repeat... and somewhere over a 16 week course there will be one "monkey" shift. That first half day sleep off of the night is perfect for getting chores and groceries done or, taking time with the family or fishing.

Trying a new schedule as well... 14 to 42 days on... 28 to 56 days off. No repeat, just shuffle.

Sounds like garbage really. Flip-flopping days and nights on a weekly basis is not overly healthy, especially with quick turnarounds after your three nights on.

A great full-time shiftwork sched is, 2 days, 2 nights, 5 off, repeat... and somewhere over a 16 week course there will be one "monkey" shift. That first half day sleep off of the night is perfect for getting chores and groceries done or, taking time with the family or fishing.

Trying a new schedule as well... 14 to 42 days on... 28 to 56 days off. No repeat, just shuffle.

Bunk take a closer look at Gerritt's schedule. You will see that whenever you work nights you have the next 7 days either on day shift or on days off, so you work your 2 nights and then your body is on days for an entire week. Then you work 3 nights and your body is on days for an entire week...etc etc. That is why it was hands down my favourite continental out of the 3 versions we worked. Every other weekend was a long weekend off..you never worked more then 3 days in a row and you had a full week to recover from the night shift. My company claimed they did a lot of research on continental shifts and this was the best one. We tried 3 different continentals and then we got to vote which one we went with. Out of 70 plus employees all but 3 voted for this version. That should give anybody a real good idea just how good this rotation is. If you gotta work shifts and or nights I think you would be hard pressed to work an easier rotation then this.

We are allowed a certain amount of personal days.

As for N days.... We have 4shifts A/D follow each other and B/C follow each other .... Should a stat fall on a B/C rotation we as A/D get a day off in lieu of their day off....and visa versa... I see what you mean.. we don't get personal days even though there's legislation that says we should. Every scratch has to be justified. I had to bring a note last Christmas eve due to being sick even though it was my first time calling in since 2003. It was hell getting to the doctor when everything was spinning...(wife drove) In any case, if you work for good people shift work is easier......

Hope this makes sense....

G