Worst problem in fishing

creditmaster

Worst? Gotta agree that a hook to the eye is probably the next worst thing after death.

But in the past (in no particular order):

- I've left rods & reels behind at the river only to realize the mistake 2hrs later when I finally got home

- I Hit the river only to realize that I left my wading jacket, lures and bait at home

- I Tumbled down a muddy hill into a giant patch of poison ivy a few times

- I got a hook in my hand while trying to unhook a pike. I was attached to the lure, which was attached to the fish, which was thrashing around and biting me at the same time.

- A couple years ago I tried strapping some remote camera equipment to a tree at 4am one cold morning. I fell from the branch and into the river. I got some sweet shots though.LOL

- My Islander float reel took a long tumble down the path to the Whirlpool...One of the sliding rings came loose on the rod handle. That was before the stairs were put in.

OMG - I split a gut over this Mike - hilarious. Sounds so like some of my adventures. There are a few sweet river spots I no longer visit thanks to the poison ivy patches. Had a bass and a jerk bait introduce me to the real reason they are called jerk baits. Did you know Bass make a funny crunching sound when you squeeze their skulls really hard as they flail the treble in your thumb right up to the shank. We were both making some pretty jerky movements with that bait. I cant touch that tree one tho. :lol: