Advice - Viscious Dogs

AKRISONER

My dog, a Maltese/Yorkie mix, was recently attacked by a German Sheppard on our street during a routine walk. The dog bolted out of the owners car or house and just attacked. Fortunately, my dog only received a minor injury. The same dog did something similar to someone else early in the summer. I haven't reported anything yet because I wasn't sure if I should or if it's even worth it. What are they going to do? Give them a stern warning? People like that don't care or it wouldn't have happened at all. My biggest concern is if my daughter is walking our dog alone and it happens again. It makes me so uncomfortable that I don't let my daughter walk our dog alone any more.

What are they going to do? Give them a stern warning? People like that don't care or it wouldn't have happened at all. My biggest concern is if my daughter is walking our dog alone and it happens again. It makes me so uncomfortable that I don't let my daughter walk our dog alone any more.

They'll put the dog down if there are multiple instances, especially if a person gets bit.

My dog, a Maltese/Yorkie mix, was recently attacked by a German Sheppard on our street during a routine walk. The dog bolted out of the owners car or house and just attacked. Fortunately, my dog only received a minor injury. The same dog did something similar to someone else early in the summer. I haven't reported anything yet because I wasn't sure if I should or if it's even worth it. What are they going to do? Give them a stern warning? People like that don't care or it wouldn't have happened at all. My biggest concern is if my daughter is walking our dog alone and it happens again. It makes me so uncomfortable that I don't let my daughter walk our dog alone any more.

The one instance alone of a dog attacking mine was enough for the authority to open a case. They asked if I wanted to provide me with her license plate number or address and that they would open a case.

In Toronto the escalation is as follows, 1 attack the dog is placed in a quarantine with the order to not let it in public space, second is for permanent muzzle order, 3rd is to destroy the dog. This is for acts of agression. In the case that a dog bites a human, I think its pretty much a 2 strike rule. Unless of course the dog has severely injured someone.

At least she apologized, that's more than you'll get from most.
I had a similar instance of a dog at a park trying to attack mine for no reason as soon as it walked over but the rottweiler put it in it's place.

It's amazing how stupid people are these days. No one realizes they're the problem until it's too late.

At least she realized her dog was the problem.