Filling the open seat

Steve

I took Hirk up on his generous offer posted here on OFC to fish with him today. I had never been there, but have always wanted to fish that lake. We launched for 8am and noticed water temps at 58 degrees!!! Holy heck.

Starting at a spot not far from the launch we noticed hundreds of shiners breaking the surface all over the place...but strangely enough, there weren't any fish busting on them. We continued and it started to rain.I'm not sure what the air temp was, but we could see our breath. We were working milfoil edges that broke into 6' to 8' of water. Winds started to pick up...We moved to a rocky shoal that extended from an island with deep water on both sides...milfoil patches throughout. Very Sexy!! Well, the sexy produced a sexy bass!!!

iybiwG6l.jpg

We fished well into the afternoon...and picked away at fish here and there. Hirk caught a fat beautiful smallie which provided a great aerial display.

We called it a day around 5pm. I can't say enough how enjoyable the day was. Glad I noticed the invite - great way to spend a day. Wishing you luck in your tourney tomorrow Hirk! Thanks again.

Edited by Steve

Hi Hirk, how do you like your talon?

Do you find you get spun around alot with just one?

I'm thinking of getting one, but could only fit one as one side has a swim platform.

Don't want to spend the money and be frustrated with getting spun around.