How to adjust bunks on a newer trailer (placement)

mr blizzard

We have an old 16 ft fiberglass Glastron, but still in great shape.

The old c channel steel trailer is getting tired and cracked.

Pickings are slim up here when it comes to finding a trailer but we finally lucked in and got a sweet deal on a Karavan trailer used but only four years old.

My question is how should the bunks that the boat slides onto be placed.

Should they be placed to fit between the strakes or can the strakes rest on the bunks.

Currently the old rubber rollers which have turned into a rock like consistency lol have always been positioned so that the strakes fit on top of them.

Any advice is appreciated as we would like to get the old boat on the newer trailer before freeze up. It has a 90hp on it

Thanks in advance

Blizz

I don't own a glass boat but every glass boat I have seen on a bunk trailer sits on bunks placed between the streaks, bunks apear to be more closer to the outer streaks for better/wider weight distribution.

You can always call Caravan Trailers to be sure.

Stonefish, Fisherman and Sinker thanks so much for the advice, The boat is actually 42 years old, we have had it for 16 years. Lots of great memories on it with our now 19 yr. old son. Really dont want to damage the boat. Looks like a 5 or 10 year old vessel except for the nostalgic colour scheme LOL.

Cheers

Blizz