Bent shimano calcutta 400 reel foot

F_ast

Does anyone know if the reel foot is replaceable of fixable?

Bent it on a large muskie the other day and the reel popped right off the rod. I have bent it back, but the next fish I hooked, it happened again. It is pretty awkward to say the least.

Can you not upload pics from photobucket on here anymore?

Edited by F_ast

Does anyone know if the reel foot is replaceable of fixable?

Bent it on a large muskie the other day and the reel popped right off the rod. I have bent it back, but the next fish I hooked, it happened again. It is pretty awkward to say the least.

Can you not upload pics from photobucket on here anymore?

I'd just ship it over to Shimano in Peterboro and let them fix it. Great service and may not take to long to get it back to you.

Ya Lew... I have been there a few times this year. I have been trying to call them but I cant find their number. When I called shimano in Peterborough they transferred me to some place in Washington.

Happened to me a couple months back too but I ended up in California. :lol:

Might be touch and go, if they can fix that one in Peterborough, let them know that you bent it back, and the same thing happened, as im sure that will cross there minds as the easiest and simplest approach at fixing the reel foot. Dont recall seeing a press when ive visited, although i had an old 6500 ambassadeur do the same thing, and had the foot welded back on, and never had an issue again, just a little sloppy with the weld and burn marks from heating

Turns out there is not part number for the foot alone... It is considered non fixable and needs to be replaced. However since the 400 series is discontinued, there are not available chassis.

So, I think I may try to JB weld the bottom inside arch to see if that will stiffen it.