What's up with the QEW?

xrap

Fatal rollover, Niagara bound between Fairview and Lakeshore. I work between Appleby and Burloak on the North Service Rd and when I left work it was a parking lot there, I knew something was up... Took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get from the QEW & Appleby to Lakeshore and QEW.

Too many people are driving like fricken idiots, cutting people off, swerving all over the place. I think our police need to crack down on these idiots driving on the highways.

Incident Information

Reference ID:11699

QEW (BURL TO FT ERIE) Fort Erie Bound [ FAIRVIEW ST - NORTH SHORE BLVD ]

Lanes affected: Left shoulder and 3 left lanes

Event start date: 2007-05-28

Event start time: 15:29

Reason: Collision

Traffic impact: Severe

Last change: UPDATED 2007-05-28 16:42

MTO INCIDENT UPDATES

you going fishing today mike?

Doesn't look like it anymore, sister is gonna be home late from work because of the acident and won't have the car :( Thanks for the quick replies everyone, gotta love this site

My route home sucked too...

North Service Rd to Appleby,

South on Appleby to Lakeshore,

West on Lakeshore to Walkers,

North on Walkers to New,

West on New to Elizabeth,

South on Elizabeth to Lakeshore,

West on Lakshore to QEW.

Total time: 1hr 15mins

Once on the QEW (at 150kmh) to Bartlett and up the hill to my town, 18 minutes.

Normally the trip from work to the bridge is 10-15 minutes, today was terrible.

Feel bad for the couple in the car, a truck coming off the 403 from Hamilton merged in front of them with not enough room and clipped them causing them to roll over and be ejected because of not wearing seatbelts.

The trucks coming off the 403 from Hamilton make unsafe merges everyday when I am on my way home, they coming across 3 lanes of traffic in one fell swoop almost daily.

I say that our OPP really need to re-evaluate what they do in the course of their day. Maybe instead of sitting and waiting for someone to speed by, they need to actually get out on the road and observe the unsafe driving and start laying down the law. There are far too many idiots out there and too many truck drivers with a 'I'm bigger than you' attitude. Time to start hitting them in the wallet to make em realize they better drive safely in the future.

Let's not get into how the OPP dealt with the assault of the 2 CH cameramen that was caught on TV. If that isn't a blatent crock of poop, I don't know what is. A dozen OPP stand around watching as 2 cameramen get beat up, and then the perp steals a US Border Patrol vehicle and the OPP stood there and watched without moving a finger. Who pays their f&c%ing salary? Serve and protect my ar$e.

I experianced it on the 407.... people trying to merge onto the 403/QEW Niagara were screwed!!

it was kinda weird.... normally people on the 407 move at a good clip.... then dead still... except for the fast lane... as that is only the 403 Hamilton bound... it was a weird feeling to say the leas.

Gerritt.

I drove by the accident tonight at just after 5:30... the car that was hit by the transport was a total write off and they still had someone covered on the side of the highway waiting on investigators. What a tragic way to lose your life.

The comments about something needing to be done are so true... no one should get that phone call at dinner time saying they lost a loved one on their way home from work.