3 boys, 5 species and a great deal

kickingfrog

Started off seeing 2 turkeys in a field then 2 more crossing the road and the 5th one almost ran right in front of us. I slammed the brakes at the same time the turkey did. We stopped, the turkey did the splits and headed back to the ditch. I instantly wondered why I stopped. Mmmmmm turkey.

We headed to Couch because I had a reel that I wanted to drop off at Rocky's. Fished a few spots and caught some fish. Ryan had a blast and started calling himself the Fish Master. His fish skills are coming along, but his humility needs more work.

DSCN0407_zps9b07dcc4.jpg

DSCN0409_zpsca824353.jpg

DSCN0410_zps8927e7cd.jpg

DSCN0413_zps24fa26e7.jpg

DSCN0405_zpsd1ec1978.jpg

DSCN0411_zpsa4128611.jpg

IMAG1373_zps94b6d0fb.jpg

DSCN0415_zpse7d58436.jpg

DSCN0416_zpsba3c418b.jpg

Off the water and headed over to Rocky's to take in an old Abu C4 that started acting up while on Nipissing last week. I figured we'd drop it off and get it in a few weeks with a return trip to the water as well. Younger guy behind the counter takes a quick look as I explain what it was doing wrong and says "Just hold on, I think I can fix it for you." He heads back to the parts area and shows up with the part and switches it in for the broken one, gives the handles a spin and it's as good as new. He ask's "How does 10 bucks sound?". I felt a little guilty handing him 2 fives. That Abu should be good for another 20 years.

Edited by kickingfrog

I always buy at Petro Can at the narrows. Yup always cheaper then here.

Thats a great day out there. Think I know that one spot with the rocks sticking out. LOL

As for stopping for turkeys. Good choice. They do a lot of damage for a bird.