Redstone Lake

Dan668

Heading to a friends cottage for the weekend, would prefer to find some decent smallmouth or pike. From what i have read, smallies are in their but lack size and no pike. Is their a specfic lake thats not too distant that would be worth trailing over to one morning? Ive never fished or even driven to this area of haliburton, usually stick to gbay and kawarthas for my fishing excursion. Was considering leaving my boat at home but it will be too nice of a weekend.

Thanks.

never fished Redstone but i know there are lakers and bass, Head Lake in town has musky and bass , but lots of fishing pressure, you could access Kashawigamog from there as well

i dont think there are many lakes with Pike up there , but you could try Green Lake

I have fished Little and Big Redstone. Pretty much Bass - however I did catch a very nice walleye on Little Red Stone. It is not listed as a species for that lake, so guessing someone may have been doing some private stocking.

Here is my post on that -> http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55809&hl=redstone

Edited by Tupelo