15 hp Evinrude, hub slipage? Need some insight.

Entropy

I just picked up an older 15 hp Evinrude. I have made about 10 runs up and down the lake with it yesterday, and today I put the young ones in for an evening ride and we picked up a few weeds, backed them off, then planned for a bit, then it felt and sounded like the prop came off.

The prop is still there, but now before it begins to planes it revs up like the prop shaft is spinning like mad but the prop is not keeping up. Motor is on a 14 ft aluminum.

Any Ideas?

model: E15RCSD

The below is not my video, but it does the same thing.

Thanks,

Entropy

Edited by Entropy

A lot of new props come with separate hubs. If the hub brakes loose, you can just go out and buy a new one instead of sending the prop in to get the work done. Putting a new hub in can work but sometimes it will just slip again in a few weeks/months.

Mine started to slip last year and paired with a few dings was going to cost me more than a new prop was worth so I just got a new prop instead

New prop is $120 plus tax, and having it re-hub'd is $50 or $60.

It is not my motor, but mine to use (as long as it runs) for the summer. It needed a fuel line, that has already cost $50.

I'm thinking a re-hub might be in order, since I still have not proven the motor to be reliable. I think I only have 15 min on it over 3 trials, back and forth in front of the dock.

Anyone know Andrew's phone number at the Prop Drop in Lindsay?

Thanks,

Entropy