Hey Guys..I'm Tryin To Deal Some Postive Vibes

bushart

First let me state I do not know this guy from Adam (or Eve for that matter)

Anyway this guy opened a shop in Wilno, On. (just east of Barry's Bay)---so a couple months ago he calls me up after seeing one of my ads and inquires about takin some of my Ced-Art works in his store on consignment.

So like many places it's been dead---today I picked up my stuff because I'm takin it to the road--anyway that's not the story.

This guy is like many of us----middle aged guy moves north to get away from the nuthouse and try to cut out a livin (how many here have dreamed of this?)

Now this person is trying real hard and he just needs to get folks in the door ------he's got a great gift shop with some unique things--and people just drive by??

I think he's feeling a little disillusioned about this venture---so I thought I'd throw this out there

If your up in Cottage country and drivin thru Wilno---and the wife is lookin for a quaint shop--maybe you can try it out

It's called "Canoe Creek"---got a yellow canoe in front of store ---it's right on hwy 60 in Wilno---they even have Mennonite furniture

Now if this guy was'nt tryin at all---I would'nt give this a 2nd thought---but I'd hate to see a guy in need and not try and lend a hand---especially when he's tryin to help himself

I truly can respect the courage it takes to make this leap into business..

Again I have zero ties with this

Thanks

If your up in Cottage country and drivin thru Wilno---and the wife is lookin for a quaint shop--maybe you can try it out

We drive up there every couple months and always stop in the Wilno Tavern for lunch and hit all the little shops in the area, but I'm not familiar with this place, but I'm thinking it may be the art shop right beside the tavern ??

Edited by lew

Mom's folks worked as cooks in the bush camps in the area in the early 1900's, then built a hotel beside the rail line up in Chapleau. It burned down around 1918 and they moved to Killaloe where the rest of the family already lived.

This is the hotel in 1917.

My grandfather is wearing the white shirt, grandma is sitting in the chair holding my uncle Leonard and the little girl is my Aunt Mable. Mom came along in 1922.

Cnv0079.jpg

Edited by lew

Cool

My mother was born in 21 in this area

my uncles used to work those logging camps

How did they end up in Chapleau??...long way from killaloe

ok here's a true story...somewhat of a family legend...and likely the basis for many jokes

My Grandfather's brother.....decided one day (likely in the 30's) that he was gonna walk thru the bush---to killaloe and grab a bottle (red root is the lore)

now that's a good hoof---likely a 3-4 hour walk

So he makes it-----gets about 100yds from home---falls and breaks the jug

and we're still talkin bout it today