Lakes up past Redbridge area to try?

Black_Blade

I had a chance to explore in the area past Twenty Minute Lake today, I grabbed a dozen worms and headed out. I didn't get leaving till about noon so wasn't holding my breath on chances of catching much, but hey still good to get out. I have been wanting to explore up in this area for quite a while, since looks like so many lakes to try. The one lake I got to was a tad of a challenge for the old Dodge (well not really but an atv would be more suitable...lol).

I was just wondering if anybody from up in this neck of the woods has tried any lakes in this area, and if they would mind shooting me a PM with some advice and/or lakes to try. (what kind of fish, what lure would be good to try etc). I figured worms on a harness would be kind of universal but open to suggestions from others who have gone before.

2014-06-29 15.08.31 (Small).jpg

There are so many lakes in this area to pick through that it's kind of hard to find the 'good-great' ones. I've fished at least 6-7 with little to no luck, although I know there are fish there.

The MNR website FISHONLINE is your friend when it comes to the Hwy 63 area. Also, an ATV or good bush truck will get you access to a lot more lakes.

Check out Hwy 533, there is a good mix of species along that road with rather easy access, when you exit at Mattawa, go to LaCave Dam and try for Pickeral.

There are so many lakes in this area to pick through that it's kind of hard to find the 'good-great' ones. I've fished at least 6-7 with little to no luck, although I know there are fish there.

The MNR website FISHONLINE is your friend when it comes to the Hwy 63 area. Also, an ATV or good bush truck will get you access to a lot more lakes.

Check out Hwy 533, there is a good mix of species along that road with rather easy access, when you exit at Mattawa, go to LaCave Dam and try for Pickeral.

Thanks Rod Caster, thats a really cool site. I know what you mean about an atv, my truck is game for some mudding but an atv would be the ultimate. Its on the wishlist...lol.