Antique red eye wiggler

Crib_king

Does anyone know where I could search for information about an antique lure? I could not find anything that looks like what I have on e-bay or in my search on google. I think it is older than the ones advertised in a 1930's advertisement for the red eye wiggler. I found this in a box of fishing stuff that was saved from my grandfather's basement a number of years ago and have now just opened it. There are a number of wooden lure's and wooden floats that look home made in the same box. Any response would be much appreciated. Ron

I'll give ya 50 cents for the contents of that box, sight unseen!

... but seriously, they have a section in the BassMasters magazine on antique fishin' tackle.. you may want to try that if you can't find what you're lookin' for.

Was it in the original box it was sold in? Sometimes the box can be worth more than the lure itself, and the lure + the box are highly sought after!

Edited by Greencoachdog

I will take a picture and post it as soon as I get off of this laptop.

I am thinking of listing the complete box on e-bay. This is a small cardboard box with 8 wooden lures, some with hooks and some without and lots of line rapped around pieces of wood. There are a number of old hooks, 3 pronged hooks, corks with hooks stuck in them etc. etc. There is a really old knife with a wooden handle and with something engraved on the blade. Of all the things in the box the red eye wiggler caught my eye because it only has one eye in the centre not two like most of the one's I have seen before.

It sure is an interesting box.

Ron