Dayohessarah Lake With White River Air - A Lake Trout Bonanza!

solopaddler

Really? That would have been cool to meet.

What were you doing way up there?

Driving to Vancouver. We just passed right through. Maybe you saw us with a 20' uhaul trailering a cooper mini on the back?

S.

Driving to Vancouver. We just passed right through. Maybe you saw us with a 20' uhaul trailering a cooper mini on the back?

S.

Maybe the other guys will chime in, but I "think" I remember passing a U-Haul towing a small car LOL!

Are you actually moving to Vancouver? (I can't picture you driving a Mini for some reason :) )

We fish that lake in the Winter...great lake....when we go its trophy hunting

Love that lake

Have you caught any giants through the ice? I'll bet it's a fun lake to ice fish. Dan MacLachlan told me he caught a 32lb fish through the ice on that lake.

This one was this past year...biggest through the ice, somewhere in the 20lb range. 15-20 min through the ice....absolute incrediable battle, and took off out of my hands like a rocket. We go another about 10lbs that day was well

Adereski_zps0789bc10.jpg

Great report Mike , I'm jealous . Lake trout signifies to me the "wilds of Canada" and that's why I love fishing for them .

There is something about going to a back lake somewhere and catching true wild lake trout , it is always a peaceful

journey that will never be forgotten . Thanks again !

This one was this past year...biggest through the ice, somewhere in the 20lb range. 15-20 min through the ice....absolute incrediable battle, and took off out of my hands like a rocket. We go another about 10lbs that day was well

Adereski_zps0789bc10.jpg

BEAUTY fish!! Must have been a blast to catch. Thanks for posting the pic!

Great report Mike , I'm jealous . Lake trout signifies to me the "wilds of Canada" and that's why I love fishing for them .

There is something about going to a back lake somewhere and catching true wild lake trout , it is always a peaceful

journey that will never be forgotten . Thanks again !

Have to say I totally agree. :good:

Just thought this was worth noting. Someone emailed me who's flown into this lake twice before. According to him there were half a dozen fish in the teens caught and 3 over 20, largest was 26lb's.

Interestingly this guy only fishes the lake in the summer with steel line. Kind of surprising but maybe not as there's a couple of well defined deep basins that the fish would be more concentrated in.

I have my best lake trout days in the heat of summer as well Mike , if you can find a deep basin with a bit of a shelf or small flat adjacent to it , its game on !

Not surprising this guy is getting some big ones in the summer . Concentrations of lakers in the deep holes for sure .

Edited by 4x4bassin