perching on Erie open seat

Albert, where did you launch from? This weekend has been great. Reports of 150 fish limits of 10 to 13 inch beauties. Flat as glass with a perfect southwest breeze. Sorry to hear you didn't hammer them. The only problem this year is just as many, actually more gobies than perch, big gobies, robbing minnows. Went to Bruce again this past week and found them in 38' of water west of the pier 1 mile offshore. Didn't keep anything under 10", ended up with about 8 pounds of fillets after 4 hrs, 2 men. Someone reported getting 45 pounds of fillets today. Did you check on Stomps before heading out?

Port Maitland, oh my. No reports of anything coming out of there yet. That's why we make the 4 hour return trip to Bruce. Haven't tried Abino this year, have spotty reports coming out of there, it may be hot but I haven't heard that.

All this week windfinder.com is calling for east winds here, looks like a good week to keep the boat dry. East wind + Lake Erie= golf.

It's strange Lick Pit, same lake, same water temps, same structure, same forage???? But come to think of it Port Maitland hasn't been good to us the last few years. That includes the Walleye in summer. We don't even consider Maitland unless we are golfing, that's where my club is.

Question? Did Albert stay in the boat the entire trip while on the water? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It's strange Lick Pit, same lake, same water temps, same structure, same forage???? But come to think of it Port Maitland hasn't been good to us the last few years. That includes the Walleye in summer. We don't even consider Maitland unless we are golfing, that's where my club is.

Question? Did Albert stay in the boat the entire trip while on the water? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

As a matter of fact I did, the anchor rope was not wrapped around the seat lock this time.... :tease::tease:

I was on Erie at the east end Saturday & Sunday. Lake was calm, just a light breeze both days. Good enough for my 14' Lund. Saturday only 3 perch but one was 14"! Sunday I was on the water by 7:30, & able to locate them. Caught perch till 11:00 then it was very quiet all around me & 50 other boats. I moved into 50 fow & found more. Now it wasn't constant catching as the schools of perch would come & go. Ended up bringing home 35 nice ones. Many were 10 -11", a few at 12". Only released 2 smaller ones in 5 hours, which is good for Erie as I usually catch a lot more dinks.

I was on Erie at the east end Saturday & Sunday. Lake was calm, just a light breeze both days. Good enough for my 14' Lund. Saturday only 3 perch but one was 14"! Sunday I was on the water by 7:30, & able to locate them. Caught perch till 11:00 then it was very quiet all around me & 50 other boats. I moved into 50 fow & found more. Now it wasn't constant catching as the schools of perch would come & go. Ended up bringing home 35 nice ones. Many were 10 -11", a few at 12". Only released 2 smaller ones in 5 hours, which is good for Erie as I usually catch a lot more dinks.

What area were you wormdunker, nothing specific just general area.? Also were the gobies stealing minnows? The reason I ask is they have been getting limits of jumbos past Long Point but we are catching 4 gobies for every perch. Going through minnows like mad, had to go back one morning and get more minnows, nothing else seems to work including identical colour and sized Gulp Emerald Shinners.