Painting exterior concrete

lew

Jeez...so many misinformed people against the idea of improving the aesthetics of concrete simply because the new coating or topping will fail if done incorrectly. I guess nobody should upgrade or renovate their homes as the new stuff might fail if the job isn't done properly?

Better not paint the oil coated walls or trim as the new paint won't adhere if the job isn't done properly.

Replacing nasty old flooring with new tile? Nope, can't do that as the new tiles might crack or pop loose if it isn't done properly.

Applying a topping to make a spalled or delaminated concrete sidewalk look new again? Heck no, the topping will debond if it isn't done properly.

Notice a trend? Do it right the first time and there will be no worries.

Lew, I wish you weren't so far away as I would love to do the job for you simply to prove everyone wrong :angel::D

I've seen it used a few times on Mike Holmes show and it really is pretty neat stuff.

And it'll last forever...when the job is done properly from start to finish.

Like I said, 99% of the time you can blame human error for various products failing prematurely. This could be from applying something to concrete that is delaminated, previously sealed/coated, or holding too much moisture. Or it could be from not following proper procedure to prepare the surface, apply the coating or topping, or curing and sealing the new coating or topping.

proper prep is the key, sandlast to clean and profile is the best, the right materials and you can refurbish concrete, apply coatings and overlays.

acid etching is not an option contrary to popular belief

pretty simple really, the right prep and the right materials and your good to go