Mounting Swivel Seat(s) to Boat

stasbrute

Hello folks, I am just lookin to pick your brains, I would like to attach some seats to my aluminum benches. I would like the seats to be removable, any suggestions on what type of bracket works well, and any installation tips out there .....

Thank you

Greg

Canadian tire sells an excellent clamp on seat mount designed for bench seats. They are removable with wing nuts and lock washers. They include a seat swivel, are all metal and run $35. Just bolt on your seat and clamp it on, good to go! Better than the half plastic ones at BPS for $29.99

Canadian Tire sell a seat bracket that screws on to the seat and allows a swivel to slide into it, making them removable for storage, cleaning etc. I tried to find a picture/link of them, but couldn't. I have them installed on my boat and they are great, very easy to install, easy to take off when needed and extremely durable. They are made of black ABS, the swivel on the bottom of the seat slides in and locks into the base. They weren't expensive either, I would highly recommend them.

Canadian tire sells an excellent clamp on seat mount designed for bench seats. They are removable with wing nuts and lock washers. They include a seat swivel, are all metal and run $35. Just bolt on your seat and clamp it on, good to go! Better than the half plastic ones at BPS for $29.99

I have a pair of these I can sell you for $35 if you're interested. I'm in guelph

I run the clamp style on my Jon Boat. Bought at BassPro last year. Wasn't to expensive, but the seats can be. I went the cheapes route and I'm happy. There are 4 sheet metal screws that need to be drilled in to hold these little lip bracket things that hold the clamp from popping out when you lean back. This is what it looks like outta the box. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/jon-boat-seats Works well and I'm happy.