Great night Carp fishing!

Mike Pike

Well, inspired by Uncle Buck's recent carp success, I headed to the harbour to give it a go with my friend Judy. She had never fished carp before and was really looking forward to our outing.

We found a few others out on the harbour tonight and had ourselves set up by about 5:30 or so. After chowing down on some sandwiches( Thanks Judy ), our bite alarm goes off and Judy is into a real beauty. Unfortunately it gets off just before I'm able to get the net on it. Dohhh!

We load the hair rig up with maize and fire it back out.

Off goes the alarm again and Judy is into another huge fish. Darn if it doesn't look as big as the first one she had on. Got the net on this one( Thank you Zoltar for lending us your net )! And another Bud, who is here vacationing from Scotland, gets his weigh scale out and doesn't it weight 31lbs!

A carp virgin no longer!

Anyhoo, it was a terrific time out and great to meet everyone, including Uncle Buck himself. A fine, fine fellow as many OFC'rs know after the BOQ outing. And here's where Uncle Buck set up for the evening( Hope you don't mind me posting this pic below of you guys Goran ).

Saw one other nice carp caught before everyone gathered up their pods and shut 'er down for the night. And a glorious sunset sent us home.

Cheers!

Edited by Mike Pike

Well, I KNOW where I'm goin' Saturday mornin'! That's one beauty fish . . . . is the water warm enough where you were for them to put up a good scrap yet? I've seen about a dozen caught in the last month . . . . most gave one good run, and came in . . . . . they're a bit lethargic in the cold water!

Photoz, I can't really comment on specifics about the way the fish fought since it was my fishing buddy that played it. I was busy mostly 'coaching.' Hope to run into ya out there Steve.

And Xrap, a bite alarm is a electonic device that not only supports your rod in the carp pod( stand )but also, the line passes through it. When the line moves( carp on! )the alarm goes off. It's great because you don't have to constatly be staring at your line.