Big gull lake

Gerritt

Thinking of booking a cottage on big gull lake, I have not fished this lake or area for that matter before. I have been looking at hyatts. Anyone been there?

Anyone with any experience on big gull? What can I expect? What presentations should I be using? And in general how's the fishing?

Thanks,

Gerrit

I have a buddy with a place on big gull. Beauty country, big lake. The fishing is good if you know where to be, and when, but some say its tough. Not for lack of fish though, my buddy slays eyes in there. Great bass too.

S.

I've only ever caught lakers in there, but there are lots of bass too from what I've heard. Paul's parent's cottage was on Little Gull. That had lots of largies and we only ever caught 1 smallie in there. Supposed to be splake too.

That's where we do are yearly trip Gerritt, 8 guys for a week, 1st. of June Kirk Kove Cottages. You'll see our picture in their pictures on their site. Sad, 3 of them are not with us anymore, just in our thoughts. :angel:

You have to work for your Walleye, We use jig and worm drifting, but you have to find them. Beautiful lake. 85% crown land.

They seem to say jig and Leech works best.

I can send you a bit of a hot spot map Gerritt if I had your email.

If your up there Gerritt when we are I could show you where we fish and catch, SOMETIMES :angel::worthy:

Some say, don't follow me :D

Edited by Fish Farmer