Lake Huron, North Channel advice?

bass_man

I'm looking to fish the north channel but between Whitefish Falls and Spanish this year and I need some advice on possible boat launches in the area.

I've checked the two on the Whitefish River and the look way too steep for my little jimmy with my son in laws bass boat on. They both look like 60 degrees of incline though they probably are not.

I watched a guy with a F 250 struggle to get his 18 footer out of one last summer and I have seen enough of those boat launch videos to be too chicken to try it myself.

Hoping that someone knows of a launch some were near Hwy 6 south of the bridge.

Jim

Quite a bit of lake between Whitefish and Spanish. There are 3 launches in Spanish and I believe several between there and Whitefish. I've never checked the launches at Whitefish because I'm way at the other end. In Spanish, you have the municipal marina, Mitchell's and Vance's, all decent. What are you looking to fish for?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm near Espanola so I was hoping for a decent launch at that end, Spanish would mean a fair drive out and a long boat ride back.

Tons of good fishing in the local lakes but as you all know your always looking for that next hot spot.

I used to fish around Port a Barrel about 40 years ago and 12 to 20 pound pike were the normal, and on the map this spot looks similar.

I cant seem to find a pike over about 5 or 6 pounds these days and I guess I just want to relive my youth.

I hope to find some big pike and some musky around all of those islands up close to the whitefish river end.