Pet Friendly Resort

asdve23rveavwa

Hey everyone!!! Been a little while since I've posted anything. Juli and I got a dog three months ago, so, my question is do any of you know of...or...go to a resort/cottage that allows pets? She is crate trained, and, would stay in her crate while we fished mornings and evenings.

Would love to get back to Nipissing, but, would entertain any suggestions.

Haven't been on the ice yet this year. Way overdue!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Often we just rent a motel at Comfort Inn and hit various lakes. However, my buddy brings his dog with him fishing since we only stay one night. I suppose if you stayed two nights you could crate your dog, but I guess that depends on how long you will be away/how far you go to fish.

We went up to Lake Bernard one year and stayed at Caswell Resort. I recall they only allowed pets in certain rooms (the older ones), which is where my buddy stayed with his dog. I stayed i one of their rustic cottages.

We stayed at Maple Brae last year (?) and they allow dogs. The lake has Splake in it, although we didn't do that well.

On Nosbonsing you have Big Moose Camp and Cozy Camps . There is also Birch Hill Camp, but I don't know if they allow pets, you would have to call.

Buttermilk Falls Resort on Boshkung allows pets in the off season I believe.

Red Umbrella Inn on 12 mile lake as well.

Ultimately, just call around. The policies often change based on season and can also depend on the size of your dog. So don't just base it on what the website says.

Good luck!

Edited by FishLogic

Often we just rent a motel at Comfort Inn and hit various lakes. However, my buddy brings his dog with him fishing since we only stay one night. I suppose if you stayed two nights you could crate your dog, but I guess that depends on how long you will be away/how far you go to fish.

We went up to Lake Bernard one year and stayed at Caswell Resort. I recall they only allowed pets in certain rooms (the older ones), which is where my buddy stayed with his dog. I stayed i one of their rustic cottages.

We stayed at Maple Brae last year (?) and they allow dogs. The lake has Splake in it, although we didn't do that well.

On Nosbonsing you have Big Moose Camp and Cozy Camps . There is also Birch Hill Camp, but I don't know if they allow pets, you would have to call.

Buttermilk Falls Resort on Boshkung allows pets in the off season I believe.

Red Umbrella Inn on 12 mile lake as well.

Ultimately, just call around. The policies often change based on season and can also depend on the size of your dog. So don't just base it on what the website says.

Good luck!

Thanks for the lengthy reply, Adam! Looking at a few of those options.

No problem.

I forgot about Kashaga Lodge on Kashagawigamog. We went ice fishing there a few years ago and my buddy brought his dog. I am not sure if they allow them in all cottages or not.

Limberlost Lodge allows pets too. I think you need a minimum of four people though. I have not been there yet, but working on it...

Edited by FishLogic