Booking a cottage in the kawarthas/Muskoka

leaf4

Hey so looking far ahead, but my buddy is getting hitched at 23.

For the bachelor party we'd like to find a cottage for probably 9 people on a lake that has some decent fishing, as most of us fish on a regular basis price doesn't matter too too much unless it's outrageous but it wouldn't be too wild and we are all very respectable people and usually end up renting a random place for a week in the summer together anyway and have had no issues in the past, we're looking into June/early July for 3 days, so I know people look for a week minimum which is why I ask here because we're only looking for 3 days.

If anyone has a contact or has a place they'd like to setup for a rental for a couple days please let me know!

Thanks

Lucas

You'll have a bit of difficulty finding a place at that time of year for a weekend. June would definitely be easier than July.

Check here: http://getnorth.com/

Also: http://www.cottageconnections.ca/

Also check Kijiji or other similar sites for cottage or vacation rentals in the area(s) that interest you. Lots of private rentals advertised here.

I would not mention anything about a bachelor party. Those words send up red flags and you'll have even more difficulty finding a place. This is simply a group of anglers looking to get away for a few days. Have a good time and maybe even catch a few fish, but be respectful of the property and leave it as you found it....or better !

Good luck !!!

• 2 weeks later...

At that time of year, rates for a three day weekend will be close to renting for a week anyway. So, just rent for the week.

Muskie Bay on Rice Lake has a nice cottage that sleeps up to 10. I believe it used to be the owners house until they constructed a new one.

Elmhirst Resort on Rice Lake has some 4 and 5 bedroom cottages as well.

Pigeon Lake Resort on Pigeon Lake has some 4 bed cottages as well. I prefer fishing on Pigeon.

GOM Resort on Jack Lake has a 4 bed cottage.

If you have the mucho dineros, there are some incredibly nice private cottages on Jack Lake.