Fenwick Aetos rods

Richie Razor

Just wondering if anyone has used these rods this past season, in both casting and spinning versions? They look like they are pretty sweet, being so light and with quality components, it should perform like a more expensive rod IMO....

I'm not looking for comparisons to a NRX or a Steez, or to anything shimano, not that I have anything against Shimano, just looking to see what the newer fenwick rods have to offer after owning several Shimano rods.

Just looking to see if any of the members can chime in on this specific rod.

Where are the rods made?

I,ll bet their made by the same company.

Probably manufactured in China, not a big deal as the quality coming out of China is actually becoming very good.

They could be made by the same manufacturer, however I would think that Fenwick, Berkley, penn, and Abu Garcia have all consolidated manufacturing to one place (pure fishing)

I have the 2-piece 6'6" spinning rod which I acquired for fly-in trips. The finish quality is as good as it gets in the price range....the guides are actually perfectly lined up and the wraps neat. Very sensitive, weighs nothing and I prefer it to my St Croix Avid rod. Handsome as hell too especially with a Patriarch reel. I will be buying more.

Warranty is lifetime.

Edited by wall i

Fenwick and Gloomis both have limited lifetime warranties...?

Registering for the WildCard is the bonus with G.Loomis due to the fact that if you do step on the rod, crush it etc if gives you the choice to make a judgement call to either send it in cause a fish broke it and you think warranty should cover it. Or perhaps you snapped the handle in half in your tailgate and you know they will question it. Pull the card and you get a "freebie"

From G.Loomis website

"Wild Card: A service program offering a onetime, no questions asked, free, over the counter replacement. Only applicable to current rod models of NRX,Pro4xGLX and GL2."

Then of course on your 2nd rod your Limited Lifetime Warranty applies and for most all G.Loomis rods you pay a $20 processing warranty fee that includes the replacement of your rod and the return shipping that is as long as the rod is deemed warranty covered.

I haven't fished the GL2's but hear there great. Let me tell you however the Aetos lineup of rods is nice and after a year of selling lot's at the shop I've seen 1 or 2 out of many come back broken most likely due to angler error. Pure Fishing is never as fast as Shimano or Loomis most times when dealing with warranty but are 95% going to do a free replacement on any rod. You just pay shipping.

Good luck with your choice, the Elite Tech rods are well made and a little cheaper than both rods mentioned and are something to look at also.

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Registering for the WildCard is the bonus with G.Loomis due to the fact that if you do step on the rod, crush it etc if gives you the choice to make a judgement call to either send it in cause a fish broke it and you think warranty should cover it. Or perhaps you snapped the handle in half in your tailgate and you know they will question it. Pull the card and you get a "freebie"

From G.Loomis website

"Wild Card: A service program offering a onetime, no questions asked, free, over the counter replacement. Only applicable to current rod models of NRX,Pro4xGLX and GL2."

Then of course on your 2nd rod your Limited Lifetime Warranty applies and for most all G.Loomis rods you pay a $20 processing warranty fee that includes the replacement of your rod and the return shipping that is as long as the rod is deemed warranty covered.

I haven't fished the GL2's but hear there great. Let me tell you however the Aetos lineup of rods is nice and after a year of selling lot's at the shop I've seen 1 or 2 out of many come back broken most likely due to angler error. Pure Fishing is never as fast as Shimano or Loomis most times when dealing with warranty but are 95% going to do a free replacement on any rod. You just pay shipping.

Good luck with your choice, the Elite Tech rods are well made and a little cheaper than both rods mentioned and are something to look at also.

MTBF

Awesome! Thanks!