Centre Island Report Update

dsn

Look forward to seeing the real report!

I was actually down at the islands today. :P

Cycled over to the Hanlan's side and tried a few spots but no bites or follows with lures. :Gonefishing: Did see a bass of about 3lbs, catching him would have been a nice way to finish the year but no luck. :(

Didn't see any carp dsn - what will you fish for if you go this week?

Well since I know the carp have gone to sleep for the winter on the bottom of Lake "O" some where... ha ha. I thought I'd try for some perch action. I'm hoping that they would be back in the same place as they were during the cold month of May when I was there.

Don't know much about perch and their movements through out the season. I'm sure willing to give it a try.

If they aren't there where I think they are then I'll have to chuck lures and find a weedbed thats still green near the area or else and go with worms.

I'm hoping for some jumb action. And yes I do plan on releasing them all. Cause they are so much fun and it rare to see the odd 15 incher unless you head up to Cooks Bay. :D

Maybe toss for some pike too. I think the season is still open for them. Will have to check the reg before I head out.

dsn

ur just begging to get skunked, aren't ya??? Good luck.

here i'll help u out........

nice pics. Good fish. Wat did u use?? Thanx for sharing..

LOL thats halarious :lol:

It was awesome out there. Strange but my digital deleted some pics I took from the ride over. :( I had a great shot of the island looking through the round window of the ferry as a frame. But like I said my cam got rid of it. (I think its time I get rid of my cam. :P )

The weather was nice. Along the way I thought these looked cool.

pines1.jpg

pines2.jpg

With glass calm water in front of me. I set up my slip float with a worm and dropped it in.

float.jpg

minnows.jpg

After seeing all the minnows in the water.

Thought to myself theres got to be more than minnows under this school. Last time the minnows and perch and everything else was all mixed in underneath. Even there was a pike lurking last time

But I not this time. It was only minnows and a cormorant poped it's head up and looked around wondering .."where did that worm come from?" :rolleyes:

Well after staying there for a bit I decided time to move. Checked out the bridge area.

bridge.jpg

Poped the float back in the water.

float2.jpg

Had nibbles and more nibbles. But nothing would take the tiny weeny itty bitty worm that I had on. It was the smallest hook I had too. Knew I should have gotten smaller hooks. :(

Took some scenery shots while I waited for something to happen.

grand.jpg

It was like 8am and the fog was still around. Not even a slpash from a fish.

picture009.jpg

Also made some casts with cleo's and larger spoons. But all I kept getting was black leaves on my hooks.

Didn't see a bass or anything worth while.

Everywhere along the shoreline was leaves all black and rottening way. Cause the city workers there use a machine to blow all the leaves into the water. I saw them do it last time. Thats because they blew it all over me when I was standing beside that bridge. :blush:

They do that before the first ferry hits centre island in the summer to keep the bridge clean. Dust and all into the water or on top of me. :wacko: Oh well live and learn the hard way. ha ha

Any ways it was a nice day out. Even the fishing was ok. :P I didn't get skunked after all....These fish below... took the worm.

min1.jpg

min2.jpg

min3.jpg

LOL Ba ha ha ha

:lol:

See told yah I'll have a report. :thumbsup_anim:

Way to go! - you'll do anything not to get skunked - first gobies now minnows!! :D

Sounds like you had a nice time out there anyhow - I really like it out there at this time of year - it's as peaceful as T.O. can get.

Thanks for the report.

Way to go! - you'll do anything not to get skunked - first gobies now minnows!! :D

Sounds like you had a nice time out there anyhow - I really like it out there at this time of year - it's as peaceful as T.O. can get.

Thanks for the report.

Well one thing I didn't mention in that report was while I was poping gobies off the bottom I also had bass hit the gobies while I was retrieving them on the way up which I landed and released. I caught the biggest bass I even seen while poping gobies. That day I nailed a 5lb bass there and two other smaller ones. I couldn't believe my eyes the belly on that fish was huge. I was in shock too. :blink: Didn't think going after gobies would get a huge bass infact I didn't think anything else was around at that time. Now thats gonna be one of my secrets :D I guess you'll never get bored again fishing for gobies while waiting for the bigger fish. It was the best fishing I had that day. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: