Downstream Fishing Film

fish_finder

A while back I posted a trailer to a fly fishing film that a few of us put together. The film was accepted into the International Fly Fishing Film Festival a couple of years ago. While it was in the festival, we had to keep the full length film under wraps. Now however, we've released the film for free public viewing.

I chatted with Mister Spiel, rod building master, and he seemed to think it would be a great idea to post the full film here for folks to view. So here it is!

The entire film was shot in southwestern Ontario, primarily in the Grey/Bruce region.

Downstream Vol. 1 ~ Testing Trout

Info on the who's and what's in the film can be found here: http://www.flyfishontario.ca/fly-fishing-videos/other-fly-fishing-videos/downstream-vol-1-testing-trout.html

We have another film in the works as well. Downstream Vol. 2 ~ Chrome Highlights. We are still looking for a few key actors in the depths of our great lakes tributaries for this one ;)

We'd love to hear your feedback on the first film!

Thanks folks!

Nice job! What I'd like to see in the next one is a little more commentary, some sort of a story maybe, if you look at the best IF4 films they all have that. Keep it up!

You'll probably be interested in the rod building film that's in the works. It follows a local rod builder searching for antler sheds for reel seats and feathers for inlays straight through to fishing the rod and describing the passion of fly fishing from end to end.

Great video! Nice to see the hardcore guys at work on some really nice water :clapping:

Nice water indeed! We're lucky to have access to some stretches of water that see no pressure whatsoever.

Edited by fish_finder