Treating breathable waders

Burtess

My breathable waders have lost their ability to repel water and are starting to get damp on the inside.

I am going to wash them, probably with Woolite or a Nikwax wash. What do you use to treat them?

Revivex product or Nikwax spray? Can they go in the dryer to set the product on low?

I don't want to destroy them.

Thanks!

Burt :)

Read what the manufacturer says. Email them if needed. Failing that check out what others have done via web searches. There is tons of advice out there. Are they Gore or some derivative? I've heard that Nikwax can do wonders for repelling water but it won't fix holes which it sounds like you might have.

What make of waders ?

If gore tex, go to SIMMS site and watch some instructional vids on how to locate, repair leaks,

They also show you how to wash and do water repellant treatment.

Generally speaking, Nikwax wash and wash in treatment works well on all breathable stuff.

Don't use any waterproofing stuff for camping/tents etc, that will not be good for breathability of that meterial.

They are retro BassPro breathables lol... no Simms here :wallbash:

They already have a lot of Aquaseal on the inside leg seams that wear out.... but these are not leaks, its more of a seep. The outers do no shed water at all anymore so I think doing a treatment will help them out a lot.

Burt :)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

same thing happened to my white rivers... not a bad pair of waders in the short term.

not sure of any way to salvage them, otherwise i wouldn't have my nice new set of bare's...lol

What make of waders ?

If gore tex, go to SIMMS site and watch some instructional vids on how to locate, repair leaks,

They also show you how to wash and do water repellant treatment.

Generally speaking, Nikwax wash and wash in treatment works well on all breathable stuff.

Don't use any waterproofing stuff for camping/tents etc, that will not be good for breathability of that meterial.

x2. Good luck!