Angus- Notawasaga River

gino

Hey guys,

I have not been at Angus salmon fishing in more than 6 years...i remember that few years ago there was even a tax you supposed to pay to Essa county(??) to be able to fish there...is that still on? you still have to pay that? and , btw...anybody fished there lately for salmon? is it worth the drive?

Thanks!

Gino

I really wish I had the money to fight that and I don't even Steelhead fish. It's against the law and discriminating to single out a user group. If to gain access to the river to fish in Essa township I have to have that pass, so should bird watchers or people just walking along the river. Its part of the whole reason I hate that stupid feel good Angling Heritage Law. Its all lip service Not one charge has ever been laid since the law has passed despite Town Councils everywhere trying to cash in or deny anglers rights.

I really wish I had the money to fight that and I don't even Steelhead fish. It's against the law and discriminating to single out a user group. If to gain access to the river to fish in Essa township I have to have that pass, so should bird watchers or people just walking along the river. Its part of the whole reason I hate that stupid feel good Angling Heritage Law. Its all lip service Not one charge has ever been laid since the law has passed despite Town Councils everywhere trying to cash in or deny anglers rights.

You may not like the pass, but don't think the money just lines the city pockets. Township of Essa has been extremely generous to the Nottawasaga Steelheaders, that money goes towards stream rehab, fish studies, etc.

You may not like the pass, but don't think the money just lines the city pockets. Township of Essa has been extremely generous to the Nottawasaga Steelheaders, that money goes towards stream rehab, fish studies, etc.

Like is not the issue for me, its the precedent and the "not in their jurisdiction to decide" user rights/fees when said rights are supposed to be protected under law. Slippery slope. I'm glad that a portion of the money is used towards the fishery but I'd like to see an accounting of that money before I got all feel good about it,we are talking about the government.

I really wish I had the money to fight that and I don't even Steelhead fish. It's against the law and discriminating to single out a user group. If to gain access to the river to fish in Essa township I have to have that pass, so should bird watchers or people just walking along the river.

It,s exactly what the sign says too. ANGLERS,not bird watchers,or dog walkers or nature walkers,just ANGLERS.

They dont own the water,nor the fish in it. It is DISCRIMINATION. PERIOD.

What burns me the most,it,s a C&R area. Go figure.

Edited by Misfish

I must add to this. There were great places to fish years ago. Even private. Owners of one great piece of property, even went as far as putting garbage cans and a portapotty on the spot. Now it,s closed off. Yes,due to garbage and debrie left behind by ignorant people.. To bad,so sad.

Leave nothing but foot prints.

Edited by Misfish

Lots of great water on the 'Geen away from the holigans. One of my fav rivers to fish actually.

Love it too, although don't get up there as much as I would like. If you have a canoe or kayak there is kilometers upon kilometers of great fishing for various species and really at any time of year.

Love it too, although don't get up there as much as I would like. If you have a canoe or kayak there is kilometers upon kilometers of great fishing for various species and really at any time of year.

I drift the upper 'Geen as well :) Some really nice water up there.

Edited by BillM