Shining tree Area

mikdor

The Wife and I are heading to Shiningtree on Tuesday For 3 or 4 days to get away from the insanity of selling our property. Has anyone heard how the fishing has been in general. We are camping at 3 Bears Camp but will be trying different lakes as we are looking for a spot to bird hunt in Sept. were we can also get in some fishing. Thanks Mike

I have gone up to shining tree camp the last 2 years in June. We like to fish for small mouth and do pretty well. We got some northern also and go into some walleyes on Michiwakenda. We tried to take our boat up into Okawakenda and almost flipped it over in the rapids. I hear it's a great lake but we weren't able to make it up there. I know there are areas where fishing can be easier but the price at shining tree camp with my Son being free can't be beat. I believe a lot of people go up into lakes along grassy hill road. I just found out about this road on my last trip and plan to check it out next time up there. As for your question, not sure how the fishing has been since we were there in June. Have you been to the area before? I'd be interested to hear what other lakes you have tried.