Thanks to BPS in Vaughan

rob v

Thanks to Robert in the Fishing department at BPS - Vaughan. This past March I purchase via BPS on line a Shimano Tekota 500 LC trolling reel. Yesterday was the first opportunity I had to use it (other than spooling it up a month or so ago) and wouldn't you know the darn thing malfunctions. The free spool lever wouldn't disengage. Try as I might (short of breaking the lever off) I couldn't get it to work.

So - call BPS up and explained the problem and the fact that I wanted it available for my trip at the end of this week. The lady explained that they only really provide exchange for the first month - after that I should contact the manufacturer and work with them re: warranty work. That wasn't what I wanted - as far as I was concerned the reel was brand new and broke on its first use and I wanted it exchanged at one of there stores. She suggested I contact the store before going there - sometimes they don't like to do exchanges for merchandise bought via BPS on line and if they refused to call back to see what they could work out.

I contacted Robert in their fishing department and after I explained my situation he asked me to hold while he checked to see if they had that reel in stock. Lucky for me they had one left. He told me he'd help me out and would set it aside for me. 2 hour drive later I'm there and Robert brings my reel to the customer service department - and in 10 minutes I'm out the door with a replacement.

Needless to say I'm very happy (not so impressed with what I thought was one of Shimano's better reels though - $200 and right out of the box it craps out on me ?).

I thought I would share a good news story ! :)