LTB new Prop - need help / suggestions

Can_38

Prop on my 1994 Force 40hp outboard is dinged up pretty bad and i'd like to replace it. How does one choose a correct fitting prop? And lastly youtube seems to make this job a simple DIY driveway project, true?

There should be some numbers stamped into the prop you have now. Locate them and bring them to the place you plan on buying the prop from. If you cannot find or read the numbers on the prop, any marina should still be able to help you out if you bring them the year, make and model number of your motor. There could also be a couple of tags on the motor that will help you with any other info they may need.

Replacing a prop is quite easy so I would say yes it is true provided you have the right tools.

That's the best option Roy,but a stamp telling pitch and diameter would sure help,I would think?.

The stamp is definitely on there. A re builder doesn't need the numbers anyway.

What Roy said!

If you were happy with the performance of your boat, and the RPMs were correct for the motor, then just take it to a prop shop. Keep your Marina out if the equation. Saves money and time. There are great prop shops in almost every area.

Find a prop shop in your area. You will need a wrench that is 1 and 1/16ths for the prop nut and a block of wood to stop the prop from spinning. It will take you a minute or two to take it off. I would also buy a spare while at the prop shop. Make sure you put some grease on the prop shaft when re-assembling.