HDS-8 Problems

bucktail

After installing the latest update software patch from lowrance my HDS- 2 Gen 2 started acting wierd but eventualy settled down but still had a bunch of keys that were not working.

I went out yesterday to do some keymapping and it wont boot at all!!!

I have tried the soft and hard boot with no success. 1 other thing. Before I dd this I took out my radio so I thought I might have pulled a wire so I checked for voltage. It has 12.2 volts at the plug to the body of the unit.

Question 1 Does the yellow accesorie wire that with the power and ground have t be attached to power. As of now it is not. That is the only thing I can thik of. That or the software update screwed the machine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Darren

After installing the latest update software patch from lowrance my HDS- 2 Gen 2 started acting wierd but eventualy settled down but still had a bunch of keys that were not working.

I went out yesterday to do some keymapping and it wont boot at all!!!

I have tried the soft and hard boot with no success. 1 other thing. Before I dd this I took out my radio so I thought I might have pulled a wire so I checked for voltage. It has 12.2 volts at the plug to the body of the unit.

Question 1 Does the yellow accesorie wire that with the power and ground have t be attached to power. As of now it is not. That is the only thing I can thik of. That or the software update screwed the machine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Darren

The yellow wire is not used, only black and red for pos/neg.