ipilot vs link

I'm not 100% on this as I have I-Pilot but not I-Pilot Link, but I believe the difference is how the track is laid down. Wih Link I believe you can lay down a track off your GPS map screen while sitting in your driveway, whereas with I Pilot you actually have to record your track on the water. One thing I've done when I want to get new tracks laid down quickly is deploy the bow mount but run my kicker while recording. I can run the kicker around 3-4 mph and get a track laid down pretty quickly, You know, some days they may be sitting high on edges and some days on the low side. Some days they want the bait falling, so trolling along the edge is only marginally productive, and, as the water temp warms, and they are willing to chase, laying down a zig zag track is very effective as your baits on one side of the boat are rising and the oposite side falling on each turn.

Besides the controller itself, there's no interface to the sonar unit. So the standard I-Pilot is a standalone system. If you've got a compatible HB unit, then you can control pretty much everything from the finder if you want. Will be really nice once Lakemaster starts offering some content for us Canadians.

I can't see myself pre-planning a track but i would like to save tracks

doesn't appeal to me to control the trolling motor from the finder and not likely with the setup on my boat

i cancelled my backordered terrova and am looking at importing the riptide, which after researching seems like it's owrth a few extra bucks...just debating between the standard ipilot and link version, i had ordered the standard ipilot initially

something to think about i guess

thanks for the replies