Split Grip vs Full for Musky

JoshS

Some like, some don't, I don't!

To each their own and I can accommodate all and I always have. I'm just expressing an opinion on how it's all about pennies saved to increase profit not function. ;)

I have to agree with Spiel on this one. The price of cork has sky rocketed over the years, and this is most definately a way of saveing production money, and increaseing profit.Personally though, i like the look and feel of split grip rods for most applications. My arsenal is a mixture of both.Split for casting and trolling, full for jigging and drop shoting.The full grip for these last technics, allows me to comfortabley hold the rod in different places so the my arm and hand dont fatigue as quickly.

In cold temps the split grip isn't a problem but I have to agree with the rib pain in warmer weather when wearing only one layer. I have the split grip sling blade and the truth is I much prefer my full grip Loomis. Marketing tells me St Croix is the way to go - experience with both tells me otherwise. If you are going to spend the money make sure you take the Pepsi challenge, you might be surprised.

Some like, some don't, I don't!

To each their own and I can accommodate all and I always have. I'm just expressing an opinion on how it's all about pennies saved to increase profit not function.

The guru of rod builders has the correct answer to the question

Corks rings are expensive, and eliminating cork saves companies money, eliminating cork altogether saves more money, hence the eva foam. Reps and Pro-staff will tell you a whole bunch of ideas on why its better, cause they are payed to, but in the long run, its your decision, and your decision should be solely based on your preference, but the lightness thing that they talk about is really a non-issue and something you will not even notice especially on a musky rod as your only talking in grams.