Humminbird 346c DI

porkpie

Hello, I realize that this is a relatively new unit, but I am wondering if anyone has one, or the older 345c DI. I am sure folks will suggest larger units, be advised I am well aware they exist and you have my thanks, but I am looking for a small colour unit with DI and flasher capabilities. This seems to be the only one with these features in a compact unit. The intended purpose is portaging, small lakes, ATV'ing to back lakes at my hunt camp etc, and perhaps replacing my flasher in winter. Wanting your thoughts on the unit, user friendliness, usefulness for ice fishing etc. Thanks for your input!

Edited by porkpie

I had an old 343 for two seasons and the only thin I didn't like was the size of the screen as it was just too small. I have used down imaging and it is a great tool that you should enjoy. It looses signal and higher speeds but I don't think that will be an issue for you. The nice thing for you is humminbird has both standard and do on the same unit.

It does sound like you don't want to switch screen sizes to a 5" so although it would help you when using di, it isn't a big deal if you are satisfied with the smaller screen. There are a few YouTube videos on this unit already that would probably help you make your decision.

Good luck,

Adam

I have a larger colour unit mounted in my boat that I am quite satisfied with, but I a looking for something with more bells and whistles than the lowrance x4 monochrome that I am currently using as a portable. The screen size for my purposes is a non issue. Also, I would like to have a second unit for ice fishing, as my son always horns in on my flasher, so being able to use the flasher mode would be great! Thanks for the info, I will check YouTube!

Edited by porkpie