Temagami Tamar Trip Advice

Moby Pike

Hi All,

I'm new here but thought I'd seek out some advice. My dad and I are going up to stay at Tamar cottages June 14th for five days and I was just wondering if any of you have fished this area at this time of year.

We fish sun-up to sun-down and we have loads of gear but we've never been to Temagami so any advice would be great. Bait, locations, techniques, anything. I hear cross lake is great but a little bit treacherous so any wisdom there would be good too.

We'll be going for walleye, lakers and trout and probably trolling a lot until we find them.

Thanks,

Evan

Grab a shoal chart !

Late ice out (last week).. water is currently high.. lakers will still be SHALLOW on June 14th. Either the depth a Len Thompson spoon runs (7 to 8 feet) or if things stay warm you might need to add 20 feet to that with a rigger or dipsy.

We went to Tamar a few years ago and the water was low. We busted a prop just before entering cross lake. I agree Bruce will help you. We fished for smallmouth a lot but they will not be in season yet. My wife is from London. You don't know any Macknesses do you?

We went to Tamar a few years ago and the water was low. We busted a prop just before entering cross lake. I agree Bruce will help you. We fished for smallmouth a lot but they will not be in season yet. My wife is from London. You don't know any Macknesses do you?

Nope, no Macknesses but I'll keep my eyes open. And thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be sure to drive the boat so my clumsy father doesn't bust the prop.

I have fished Tamar but only in August. I know the area fairly well after quite a few years and I would suggest that you spend at least some time in the major bay where Tamar itself is located. It runs fairly deep with some humps that I've gotten pickerel on.

Bruce will set you up though. Give him my best.

Tough fishery but, wish I could fish it knowing what I know now about lakers.

Best plan... the one you've got. Bruce is a great guy. Tamar a great place. And the fishing should be good to go come then.

Most lakers and whiteys I've ever seen caught by one boat was at Tamar at ice out. Guy getting his limit daily using minnows 6 ft. under a bobber and just sitting off one point every morning. It was a serious lesson learned for me and all others fishing in our party.