DIV 17 RIVERS AND DAMS

DMASSE

Hello

The regs are unclear from the past yeARS, when does the rivers and Dams open up for walleye fishing this year. I have looked at the regs and as far as I can tell its the fri after the seconde sat in may, which means its this weekend (long weekend)

Is that correct. any help would be appreciated

\

Dave

Can you recommend any good spots? I've built myself a pretty mean fishing canoe complete with a motor and outriggers. It's perfect for rivers and dams...I just font know any great spots really

cool rig. I recently bought a small inflatable to fish around small lakes and such. I'm also focused on the zone 17. As far as where to go? If just dam, I would go to the ones around balsam lake and felenon falls. If you want to launch your canoe, I would try canal or mitchel lake

I wouldn't go near the dams in a canoe. You've got the whole lake out there with a lot less safety issues to worry about. IMO it's better to be out in a canoe in whitecaps than it is to be in a canoe in places with a lot of current. You also get to fish the main lake a week earlier.

Kawartha weed walleye are also much more fun IMO. If not, jig and grub at rockpiles and boulders if you know where to find those.

And yes, go at it this weekend!

Edited by EC1