Shore Pike Zone 17?

Cloudy15

Hi all, I have a place on the trent but my boat won't be in the water for the trip my friends and I are planning :wallbash:

My friends and I are looking to go fishing may 4th. I think we might be stuck fishing from shore, and I was wondering if anyone new some good lakes or spots in zone 17. W certainly aren't opposed to a cheap boat rental.

Any tips and suggestions would be great thanks.

PS I may not be much help with fishing tips, but I am a professional poker playing and never mind sharing tips or pointers.

Pike are open all year long up there Rich as they are considered an invasive species.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@letsfish/documents/document/mnr_e001336.pdf

Edit - as for shore spots I can't help you there. There are certain sanctuaries that are in place that you need to be aware of. They are in the regs.

Edited by fishnsled

Anywhere on the Trent river is good..Look for old growth weeds.. Cast out to 4 or 5 feet of water with a 6 to 8 inch sucker minnow grab a beer and a lawn chair and sit and wait..Be ready..Have fun! The big ones are in there right around mothers day normally..May 4th sounds perfect.. Make sure you get good large sucker minnows..I dont have as much luck with anything but..My biggest from last mothersday was a 39 incher from a chair..

P.s where on the trent are you? Perhaps I could point you out in the right direction..Shoot me a P.M

Edited by tb4me

mitchell lake has a few places to shore fish. Where 48 splits the lake there's a park with boat launch and lots of room to shore fish. Another access point is at the north end where the dam is, off victoria road, or the canal going to balsam.

Lots of pike in mitchell, just be prepared to handle any accidental muskie properly, and know what tiger muskie look like so you don't confuse them with pike.

Percy boom haven, in Campbellford is my favorite spring pike spot. It a part of the trent, and has many shallow spawning bays that are jammed full of pike. Not much shore opportunity, they do however rent boats for $75 for the day, gas included. You will have a blast! I have always had the best of luck using spinnerbaits and swimbaits there. Cheers!