Water Skis

Dondorfish

Now that everyone has their boats opened up - was wondering if anyone had an old set of water skis that they no longer wanted. I am looking for an old set cheap - to put on the bottom of my ice hut - Ice fishing will be here before you know it and I want to be ready! LOL Please let me know

Don

Don...most old water skis are wood (and will freeze in) and only about 4 or 5 feet long. What you should do is hit the fall ski swap and find the longest widest set of downhill racing skis or jumping skis in the $10 rack.

Edited by irishfield

The hut will be blocked up - so that the skis won't freeze in ( hopefully ). I used a set this past winter and they worked great for getting it up on top of the snow - but I cracked one when I hit the launch. I hear what your sayin' thou Wayne and I will give that a try. I also want to build a sled for behind the snowmobile / Atv and want to put a set on it as well.

Thanks for the tip Wayne - and good luck with the new boat - hope you don't take as long as Roger ( BPS Bassman ) to get your first fish!! Sorry Rog - couldn't resist!

Don

Edited by Tracker

I'll keep an eye on the garbage pile at the marina this summer. All sorts of neat stuff shows up there...like the electric chain saw someone turfed and I fixed in 10 minutes the next morning. I've got two pairs of old CTC wood water skis in the boat house...but hell we're still using them! lol

Good search idea - I have an 8 and 9 year old and if anyone has a small pair of kids they want to pass on - let me know

Tracker - will keep an eye out for you in Barrie for some long skis at garage sales for you

Sorry Whopper - was just looking through my pictures from ice fishing and I remembered about the broken water ski.

Polking fun at Roger is all in fun - wish I knew half as much about fishing as that man does!

Don