Lady Simcoe - Which Marina?

MSBruno

All,

Due to work contraints, I prefer to leave my boat in a marina which would allow me to drive to, hop on and start fishing. Also, having it close to home would allow me to pick up the rig and take it to other bodies of water if I choose to.

Picking up a new rig (18' Princecraft, 115 Opti) and looking to leave it in Simcoe. I'm from Vaughan and common sense to me would be Cook's Bay Marina or the like, closer to home, but I am not sure if the bass fishing would be best. The last thing I would like to do it run 30km's every day to the best bass fishing holes. I understand SImcoe is Simcoe and the 6lb smallies are everywhere, but I am limiting myself by choosing the wrong marina location?

If you do not wish to share spots/thoguhts publically, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

All,

Due to work contraints, I prefer to leave my boat in a marina which would allow me to drive to, hop on and start fishing. Also, having it close to home would allow me to pick up the rig and take it to other bodies of water if I choose to.

Picking up a new rig (18' Princecraft, 115 Opti) and looking to leave it in Simcoe. I'm from Vaughan and common sense to me would be Cook's Bay Marina or the like, closer to home, but I am not sure if the bass fishing would be best. The last thing I would like to do it run 30km's every day to the best bass fishing holes. I understand SImcoe is Simcoe and the 6lb smallies are everywhere, but I am limiting myself by choosing the wrong marina location?

If you do not wish to share spots/thoguhts publically, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

A good friend of mine leaves his boat at Keswick marina. The largemouth are good down that end,also Pike(big ones).A few minutes gets you out to a couple nice islands, and put you into some pretty good smallmouth areas. His marina cost for the season was very reasonable.

Edited by davey buoy

A good friend of mine leaves his boat at Keswick marina. The largemouth are good down that end,also Pike(big ones).A few minutes gets you out to a couple nice islands, and put you into some pretty good smallmouth areas. His marina cost for the season was very reasonable.

I love my largies and this is why I am leaning towards Cook's, but I'm thinking I can't go wrong anywhere on Simcoe .... or could I?

I'd go Keswick area.

Cooks bay right there and good smallies with in a 1/2 hr run.

Good area when it gets rough too, you can still get out fishing.

Edited by Harrison