RIP GSW FERGUS......

I'll bet that the local Chevy dealership owner is happy that union members are making $40.00 an hour, so that they can afford to buy those nice new trucks. Home builders too. Someone has to be making the cash to keep them going. The boat dealerships, rv and quad dealerships. These are mostly blue collar markets. Guys that turn wrenches 5 days a week and like to go fishing on the weekends. What about that that $150.00 charge at the pumps for gas before you head out? Don't forget about that mortgage payment. And food on the table for the family. Ooops. property taxes are due this month too. My point is this. Making a good wage is not such a bad thing. You earn it and you spend it. It's good for everyone. It keeps the economy rolling. I'm not saying that you have to be union to achieve this. But it's a lot easier when you unite. The government (that's us) will also thank you when you pay 20 to 25k in taxes per year, and when they don't have to bail you out when you retire because you have no personal pension. I get paid very well in the private sector. My employers have always been very wealthy. I just don't see why so many people think that being paid lower wages is the answer.

Yuppers DC. We support each other no matter how much we make.

Yep thats all fine and dandy but one day the corporate bean counters will say no more and move the operation to a foreign destination, I hope those 50k trucks are paid for!

2002 Sierra , crank down windows, 271,000 ks, rusted cab corners and a wonky front transfer case. LoL but feel like crying.

That is of their doing. Their business plan is to maximize profits. Why should our business plan be any different. Why must the fall back position always be to attack each other in these matters? Low hanging fruit is the easiest to pick away at I guess. As increasingly expensive and difficult as it is to keep pace I haven't moved to another jurisdiction.

Thanks Dan, I have all three of those in spades. Great wage, company paid pension and a very comprehensive benefit package. Add to that profit sharing and stocks, Personal days, sick days etc

G

Edit to add... Sorry if my post de-railed this thread... but I spoke my piece.

Wow! Good for you G. Normally people would have to join a union for that kind of package. Hey.....wait a tick.....