New to me boat package

Hey all. This weekend I bought a new to me, boat motor and trailer. Its a 14' tinner with a 15 hp merc. Bought it as a second boat to keep at the cottage. My question is, I bought the package from my neighbor at the cottage, but he has no ownership for the trailer, or registration for the motor/boat. We're not even sure what year the motor is. I know for a fact that this package is not stolen. (was on the property when he bought). How do I go about getting this boat to be legal. Chances are, on our lake I won't have to worry about police stopping me, but I want to make sure it's legal in case i want to try other lakes near my cottage. The only sticker I found on the motor for the serial no. says 0G236079. Anyone here know what year this thing might be? Looks to be late 80's, early 90's. The trailer has no identifying stickers or placards. Not even a licence plate, so I'm not even sure what brand it is. Any help is good help. Thanks.

i think the only issue you'd have is getting a trailer plate, but to get around that, do not tell them you bought a boat and trailer, tell them you had the trailer built since i assume its only a singe axle, not sure on the actual boat, i believe as long as you have registration numbers on it, you're legal on the water