Minnows This Morning

Entropy

Minnows This Morning

I walked down to the dock this morning (coffee in hand) to ‘greet the morning’, and I was pleasantly surprised to see thousands of minnows moving along the shore. They were about 3 inches long and fairly thick. It was nice to see an abundance of life in the water. Have no worries I have no intention of putting a minnow trap out. I guess my own stewardship tells me that these may be yearling walleye or just minnows. Mmmmm minnows = food for bigger fish!

Enjoy your day.

Entropy

Entropy, I was out fishing on Sunday in Severn Sound and at the boat launch there were all kinds of minnows. They weren't as big as the ones you saw but there was lots and lots of them. Looks like more and more minnows are showing up compared to the last five or so years. There was a time, not that long ago when you could walk the shore and not see any minnows or pan fish at all.

Now there are minnows and pan fish.

Maybe things are looking up!

Tom.

We loved to see minnows just before opening of pickerel season at Rice Lake...that meant the pickerel would be coming in to shore in the evenings...dig out the Rapala type minnow baits and cast into the wind wearing your chest waders when the season opens...