Two Record fish in two Months?? Is it even possible??

Doctrt

So I've had some great successes in my life. I own a great business, have a loving wife and two great kids. I recently caught and released a whitefish that more than likely would have taken the world record...But could anyone be so fortunate to have it happen again? In another country thousands of miles away? I don't know...but it may have. While on a Deep sea charter today, I landed a very large Jack fish, measuring 39"x 23". Weight calculations put it between 25 and 30 lbs. The real question is, what kind of Jack. That's where I need help. It was either a very large, but not unheard of Jack Crevalle (wr-either 58lbs or 66lbs) or a probable record Horse-eye Jack (wr-24.5 lbs). To be honest, I'm not sure but I'm actually leaning towards the latter, specifically due to the size or the eye. It was easily the size if an eight ball. I've been told both names by disputing locals.

It's a moot point at the end of the day, as I was given the rod by the deckhand, and as I understand it, only one angler may come into contact with the rod for the fish to qualify as a record. Nonetheless, it tasted great! Any opinions? Did I eat a record fish? BTW, we also landed 2, 20lb tuna, one 6 foot Sail and broke off another big Sail. Not bad considering we were 5 minutes from heading in without catching a single fish. Just goes to show you, fish until the wife wants you home, and then fish a little longer!

So I consider myself very fortunate...but is this too much to ask?

T

IMG_7585.PNG

IMG_7497.JPG

IMG_7583.PNG

Edited by Doctrt