RV camping in Algonquin area (NF)

Hud

The wife and I are looking to rent an RV for a week and head to the park area for some much needed relaxing. Planning on doing some kayaking, biking, hiking, fishing etc. just get away for a bit. Ashamed to admit but in living here for 5 years, this will be my first visit to Algonquin. I’m looking for any insight on where to camp and any “must do’s” Not really going to be roughing it this time so that the wife has a good experience.

Thanks

Can't help with the RV part but you can do all you've listed in or around the park. The friends of Algonquin have a website that might help with your plans.

There are short "lookout" type hikes along the hwy 60 coridor as well as longer (6-plus km) hikes. they have bike trails, both single track and trail. The Barron Cannon area on the eastern side is a bit of a drive from the Hwy 60 area but is worth it, IMO.

A must see is the logging museum near the east end of 60. I prefer Rock Lake but I know the area very well and canoe quite a bit. Any of the hwy 60 campgrounds are a great experience and will allow for easy access to trails. Twin streams campground is very RV accessible and near the centre of the lower park. If possible bring a small car to do your day trips

Edited by pylon

• 2 weeks later...